Saturday, March 23

Innovative Cities in the Asia Pacific

As I have mentioned before, twitter has been my go-to in terms of picking up news and stuff.

While browsing through my favorite social button, I chance upon this tweet from @EntrepreneurPH about the Top 10 Innovative Cities in the Asia Pacific.



Opening the link, I was hopeful that the Manila, Philippines was at least being considered. According to the article, the categories were:- 

  • human talent -- check! we have that!
  • knowledge creation -- hmmm... tough! 
  • technology -- okay, we are I think a bit far behind on that one 
  • society -- this is a bit of a concern at the moment most especially since we still have a lot of families that are under the poverty line 
  • government -- never mind 
Overall, I think we are still far off to be considered as one of the innovative cities in the Asia Pacific though I still hope that it won't be long when we can be proud of ourselves for turning one of our cities to fit their criteria. 

I think Makati is slowly moving up the pace but we need to strive more. 

I am positive that the Philippines will be part of the "one of the" countries very soon. Just watch this space...

If you want to read more about the article and who were the top 10 cities, here's the link.  

Mabuhay! 

Positive me!