Tuesday, August 4

Corazon at the New Shangri-la Wing

Note: This is already a late post because we have visited the restaurant last June, Father's Day. 

My sister and I decided to look for a new restaurant to try in the new wing of Shangri-la Mall. To be quite honest, there were a lot of choices to choose from.

We wandered around since lunch time is still a few hours away and we want to work on our appetite so off we go to discover this new wing.

Eventually, we ended up choosing Corazon.

Pardon the hair 

According to thespoiledmommy blog, Chef Florabel owns this establishment including other restaurants like Elias and Crisostomo to name a few (note: I tried opening Chef Florabel's website but I think it's undergoing some maintenance issues). A couple of years back, the family ate at Elias in Robinson's Magnolia for Mom's birthday and we enjoyed our meal there so I am hopeful that Corazon pleases us as well.

I think they only have limited seating inside the restaurant itself because we were guided to seat outside. I actually like the home-y feel of the place and what better way to entice me more? Seat me next to the desserts area!

I could not help myself but to keep eye of the Chocnut chocolate cake that was tempting me to have it even before the main meal is served.

This is love <3!


However, I was able to keep my composure and we ordered. The dishes that stood out for me was the Kilawin with Liempo (aka Toledo) and their Paella.

From L-R: Kilawin, Crispy Hito and Paella

We also ordered the crispy hito (aka Huelva). It was also good but I like the Thai version of this (the name of the restaurant escapes me at this time).

And because we were close to the dessert area, my sister and I drooled and had 3 different cakes (with a bonus received from the restaurant for a booboo that happened).

We got the Dulce de Leche Cheesecake, the Chocnut cake (I think it was torte), another chocolate-y cake and the complimentary cake.

Dulce de Leche Cheesecake and Chocolate-y cake 

I have to say the Chocnut cake / torte is perfect with coffee. The chocnut blended well and the cake was not too sweet though I feel it should have more chocnuts but oh well. The Dulce de Leche cheesecake ranked #2 for me because of the sweet and salty combination of the cake. Most probably similar to a New York cheesecake but better.

Over-all, the dishes were good but it is the desserts that really hit the mark for me.

My dad enjoyed the meal but would want bigger portions to fill him up (oops!).

Happy Father's Day Pops! 


paid this meal ourselves :)