Thursday, April 2

Thoughts on Marriage

We have been married for x number of years and add to that the x number of years that we were together as boyfriend and girlfriend equals to a lot (teehee). However, I feel that we should have started our family earlier than we have done.

I don't know maybe earlier like 3-4 years? Maybe we could have started a family that soon though knowing me, I would have been the culprit because I know I would want to make sure that my family be secured first.

I guess even if we got married with the time frame that I have wanted, it would still be the same, there will still be a waiting period because of the game plan that I have in mind though to be quite honest, I think what we did suited the current state that we are in - no mortgage to pay and still have enough to maintain a convenient life.

The reason for this line of thinking? This couple that was married for 56 years! Click on this link to view the write-up about it (http://theshrug.net/theyve-been-married-for-56-years-but-its-the-first-time-theyve-answered-this-question/). After watching their video, I am moved which is why this post and all those thoughts came about. The way that they have described their love for one another and how each have become a part of their body. In other words, they have become ONE. By the way, thanks to Facebook and my friend, Owie dela Cruz that I had the chance to see this video.

 
I love his smile! He's so cute! :) 

Even if we are just about 1/16 of the number of years that they have spent together, I think R and I have also established how we value one another in this marriage (or else we won't be together this long). All the more now that we both are in each other's side 24/7!

I have to admit, I see more of how he is and I guess the same for me. I can say he is the most caring person - makes sure he attends to me first before anything else... the affection that he shows to me and our adopted puppies (hehehe) are surreal. Of course not everybody is perfect so you know we also have our crankiness (believe me, I declare myself the drama queen!) and it's something that we still try to adjust even if we are already past the honeymoon years.

Now, we are on that stage wherein we are ready to accept another human in the family (we have already adjusted to having canines and I have to admit, we passed with flying colors!!) and I hope that this little toddler will come soon (in my belly only to come out again hahaha).

Sugar and her 2 kids 

I believe everything happens in God's perfect time... :)

Hallmark seems to be behind this video (as a Valentine's day promo probably). I love Hallmark. I remember when I was a teen and there are special occasions that you need to get someone a card. I end up buying a Hallmark card (love their slogan too - when you care enough to send the very best). The content of their cards are meaningful and heartfelt. Come on! Isn't the video enough to stand as a testimony :) 

Now that we have all gone digital (well most of us have), I think what Hallmark did makes it all the more special but still maintains their content - meaningful and heartfelt.

Aside from Bob and Kim's love story, there are 6 more couples of have put their heart out for their special person - their husbands and wives. You can go ahead and check out Hallmark's channel (I have conveniently posted the link - https://www.youtube.com/user/hallmarkcards/videos).

This is not just for Valentine's Day but it's for all days when you just want to express your love and make your husband or wife feel special.