Monday, November 24

I appreciate you and other thoughts about our journey

Often times, when things don't go your way (*gulp* guilty), you tend to concentrate your irritation or frustration with the people around you.

You would look at them as if they have disappointed you when in reality, they didn't but since we have a lot of pride in our heart and mind, we tend to always point the finger at them and shriek that it's their fault, not ours.

I think this has been me for the past few days. I guess, not having anything to bury your head into (like work or stuff) kind of ticked me off. Yes, there are household duties that I need to fulfill but since I have the time in my hands... I kind of do it s-l-o-w-l----y.

Last night while we were in the Victory church service, it was like God nudged me and send the word "appreciation". To be honest, this was not the series we were tackling but it hit a spot (you know like cupid hit me straight to my heart!).

I look at my right side and there he was, looking very mysterious (but I guess he is troubled of what's happening with me for the past few days). Lost with his own thoughts, I uttered the word "thank you".

He looked at me and gave me a tight side-hug.

It felt good but I know it was not enough so after the service, I told him that we would have a light snack. He has mentioned a few days back that he has been craving for palabok (Filipino dish that is consists of rice noodles with a special thick orange sauce that has crushed pork skins as toppings, you can get it from Jollibee). Good thing, even at my stubborness, I know how to listen and remember.

He ate his palabok whilst I had my burger sandwich. I can feel that the mood had already lightened and his mysterious look was slightly being altered of his usual "smirk-smile" trademark.

I again uttered the word "thank you" and it felt good because he smiled back.

The service made me realise that we do not always get the things we want in a snap. It has been said many times by various inspirational speakers and entrepreneurs that going for your own business takes time.

Not because nothing is available for you but because this is hard-earned money that you want to make sure it will click. Yes, taking risk is required but you need to have the right head element to go with it and gut-feel too.

I guess, we are not there yet... We are still on the market research phase (this is what I tell myself, hopefully I am right). However, I hope and pray that our perfect timing will come because I truly believe that our 'jump' will not be wasted. The Might Provider has something in store for us... greater than what we imagine.

To you, thank you and please know that I appreciate you. Always.

“Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” ~ Voltaire
“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.” ~ Cicero

1 Thessalonians 5:11 
“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” (NIV)

The verse and quotes were taken from http://www.jollynotes.com/inspirational-verses/appreciating-others/